Competition Terms and Conditions
Terms of Entry
|1.||Promoter||Weststar Football Academy PTY LTD.
ABN: 41 608 107 455
|2.||Eligible States and Territories
|Western Australian residents only
|3.||Age Restriction Clause 2||Entrants and any companions (if applicable) must be: 13 years of age or over.
- Terms of Entry
- By entering the Promotion, entrants accept these Terms of Entry.
- Eligible Entrants
- Eligible States and Territories. Entry is open only to residents of the Eligible States and Territories who comply with the Age Restriction. (refer checked boxes)
- Associated persons and entities. Directors, officers, management, employees and other staff (and the immediate families of directors, officers, management, employees and other staff) of the Promoter or of its related bodies corporate, or of the agencies or companies associated with this Promotion are ineligible to enter.
- Using different identities. Any person who is discovered to have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to enter any Promotion run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name in this Promotion is ineligible to enter this Promotion.
- Correct Information. Entrants must only register in their own name. Any entries of an entrant who is deemed by the Promoter to have provided incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information may, at the sole discretion of the Promoter, be deemed invalid.
- The Promoter may require entrants to promptly provide identification including (without limitation) proof of identity, proof of age and proof of residency (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the entrant’s identity, age, residential address, eligibility to enter, participate and claim a Prize. In the event that the entrant fails to produce such proof that entrant will be ineligible for the Promotion.
- Entry Method
- Promotion Period. To enter the Promotion, entrants must follow the Entry Method during the Promotion Period. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period. Entrants may submit up to the Maximum Number of Entries.
- Social Media Entry. If this Promotion is conducted or involves entry via a social media platform, the following will apply:
- an entrant’s entry must be submitted by the individual entrant;
- entrants must ensure their security settings on their personal account allows the Promoter to contact them in the event that the entrant is a winner;
- use of social media platforms is subject to the terms and conditions of use of that social media platform;
- entrants acknowledge that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any social media platform. The winner and their companion(s) (if any) are solely responsible and liable for the content of their entries and/or posts and any other information they transmit to other Internet users; and
- to the extent permitted by law, the winner and their companions agree to release any and all social media platforms (and their associated agencies and companies) used in conjunction with this Promotion, against any and all losses, actions, claims, costs, expenses and damages (of any nature) which may be incurred by the winner and their companions in respect of their participation in the Promotion.
- Any form of automated entry using any device or software is invalid. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
- Entries and Draw Details
- The draw/s will be conducted in accordance with the Draw Details. The Prize will be awarded to a valid entrant or entrants (as applicable) randomly drawn in accordance with the Draw Details and Prize details specified in promotion
- Once an entry is submitted, entrants acknowledge that the entry may not be withdrawn, altered or deleted (except as and where required by the Promoter).
- Entries that, in the Promoter’s judgment, contain offensive, defamatory or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate material or that infringe any third party rights (including intellectual property rights) will be invalid. This includes, but is not limited to, any entry which the Promoter considers to be disparaging to its products and/or services or is otherwise not in keeping with the spirit of the Promotion (in the Promoter’s sole and absolute discretion).
- Use of Entries
- By entering this Promotion, an entrant consents to their voice, name, image, location, content of their entry and any other information submitted to the Promoter being broadcast on air and/or published in any form of media by the Promoter, the Promotion’s prize supplier and any promotional partners associated with the Promotion.
- Use or any publication of entries during or after the Promotion Period (in any form of media) does not mean that an entrant has been selected as a winner in the Promotion, and that entrant may not be awarded a Prize.
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Each entry must not include or make reference to the intellectual property rights of any person including but not limited to any visible logos, drawings, cartoons, phrases, trademarks, copyrighted material, mark that identifies a brand or other third party materials, unless the entry is submitted with the written consent of the owner of the applicable intellectual property rights. Failure to do so may, in the Promoter’s sole absolute discretion, result in the entry becoming invalid.
- All entries and materials submitted to the Promoter in connection with this Promotion (in any form, including without limitation in hard copy or electronic form), become the property of the Promoter. Each entry must be the entrant’s original work. By entering this Promotion entrants:
- consent to the Promoter using their entries or materials in any manner it sees fit, including exploiting, making copies of or publishing the whole or any part of their entry, to publicise this Promotion or for any other purposes;
- warrants that their entry is not, and its use by the Promoter (or its prize supplier and promotional partners) will not be, in breach of any third party intellectual property rights;
- expressly consent pursuant to the moral rights provisions of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) to the Promoter having unfettered right to treat their entry in any manner at its sole discretion, to alter their entry in any manner and to the Promoter (or its prize supplier and promotional partners) not attributing authorship of their entry to the entrant; and authorship of their entry to the entrant; and
- will, at the Promoter’s reasonable request and at the Promoter’s cost, at all times do all things (including signing all documentation) necessary to give full effect to the requirements of this clause.
- Prize (General)
- The Prize for this Promotion is specified in the social media instructions and the total prize value is specified in the Total Prize Value section of the social media instructions.
- If Prize winner is under 18 years of age. If a winner of a Prize is under the age of 18 years (where entry by persons under 18 is permitted), the Promoter may, at its discretion, award the Prize to the winner’s parent or guardian (who is aged over 18 years).
- No transfers or exchanges. The Prize must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. No prize is transferable or exchangeable, nor can it be redeemed for cash (unless otherwise indicated). In the event for any reason a winner does not take an element of any Prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the Prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be supplied for that element of the Prize.
- Variation in Prize value. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in Prize value. Where a Prize (or part thereof) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute for that Prize another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter, subject to the approval of the relevant authorities in the Eligible States and Territories.
- Tax Implications. The Promoter is not responsible for any tax implications that may arise from the Prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. Where the operation of this Promotion results in, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, entrants agree to follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
- Prize Delivery. Prizes will be provided by the Promoter to the winner as stated in the Prize Delivery section of the competition instructions on social media.
- Prize Claim Date and Unclaimed Prize Draw
- If any Prize is not claimed by the Prize Claim Date, the Promoter reserves the right to conduct further draws to determine a winner for that Prize as stated in the Unclaimed Prize Draw section of the competition instructions on social media.
- If a Prize is no longer capable of being redeemed, the new winner/s will receive a Prize, as determined by the Promoter, of equivalent value (as if the original Prize had been awarded to that person, less any administrative expenses incurred by the Promoter), subject to the approval of the relevant authorities in the Eligible States and Territories, if required. If no details are specified in the Unclaimed Prize Draw section of the competition instructions on social media, any unclaimed Prize (or part thereof) will be distributed at the Promoter’s discretion.
- Exclusion of Liability
- The Promoter, its promotional partners, prize supplier and their related bodies corporate will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss (including, without limitation, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- Australian Consumer Laws
The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies make no warranties or representations about the fitness for purpose or suitability of any Prize and will not accept responsibility for the quality or fitness for any purpose of any Prize, or the failure of any Prize to be of merchantable quality. If liability under terms implied by legislation cannot be excluded, the liability of the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies is limited to re-supplying the relevant goods or services or paying the cost of replacing them.
- Conduct of Promotion
- Unforeseen Events. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including, but not limited to, by reason of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, telephone network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or anything which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter may, in its sole discretion, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, invalidate any affected entries and/or, if necessary, provide an alternative prize to the same value as the original prize, subject to the approval of the relevant authorities in each Eligible States and Territories.
- Amendment of Promotion. Without limiting any other paragraph, the Promoter may at its sole discretion amend any aspect of this Promotion or of these Terms of Entry from time to time, subject to applicable laws and subject to the approval of the relevant authorities in the Eligible States and Territories, if required.
- Unless the contrary intention appears, a reference in these Terms of Entry or in any advertisement relating to this Promotion to Australian dollars, dollars, AUD$ or $ is a reference to the lawful currency of Australia.
- Compliance with Terms of Entry. If an entrant is unable to or refuses or fails to take part in any element of this Promotion or an entrant or entry is deemed not to comply with these Terms of Entry, that entrant’s entry to the Promotion will be invalid.
- Personal Information
- Collection Statements. By entering and participating in the Promotion in the manner required, entrants agree to the collection and disclosure of their Personal Information in accordance with the relevant collection statement notified to the entrant at the time of entering the Promotion.
- Third Party Personal Information. Each entrant must ensure that any other person whose personal details have been provided by the entrant to the Promoter for the purposes of the entrant’s participation in this Promotion has given their implied or express consent for their details to be provided to the Promoter and any of its related bodies corporate and to be contacted by the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporate in relation to this Promotion.
Personal Information means, for the purpose of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Cth), information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.