Our program has been designed to prepare and develop players within the WA Talent Pathway (Development Squads), providing them with the best opportunity to excel.
Our program consists of two training blocks: Post-Season & Pre-Season
Our core focus areas, include:
- Clean hands
- Kicking (variety of kick)
- Match simulation (decision making and execution under pressure)
- Positional craft (spoiling, leading etc.)
- Defensive techniques (tackling & smothering)
- Contested techniques (groundball & marking)
Our pre-season program includes higher intensity drills which require repeat effort speed and there is greater contact in our drills.
*Must be turning 12 during the year of the pre-season block.
**If the athlete is training with WAFL 16’s development squad, they must have permission from your WAFL talent manager.